Welcome to Taste Greece
Before you can shop from our range of products including wine, beer and spirits, we need you to confirm that you are over 18, cheers!
Click here to view our licence.
Easy Pork Gyros
Little Greece @ 2023-11-17 12:08:10 +1300
Easy Pork Gyros
For the Gyros:
- 1 to 2 bags of Pork Yeeros 330g (pre-cooked and sliced thinly)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Iliada Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 packet of 18cm Select Pita Bread
- Fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- Alpha Gefsi Tzatziki (Or give Emily's homemade Tzatziki a try if you can head in store.)
- Crumbled Feta Cheese - Feta Ziria or Organic Epiros suits best
- Iliada Pitted or Sliced Kalamata olives (optional)
Prepare the Gyros:
- Prepare Pork Yeeros according to the instructions on the packaging.
Assemble the Gyros:
- Warm the select pita breads in a skillet or in the oven with a brush of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Lay out the warmed pita bread and spread a generous spoonful of tzatziki sauce over it.
- Place a portion of the cooked Megalos Yeeros pork on top of the sauce.
- Add slices of fresh tomatoes, red onion, lettuce leaves, Kalamata olives (if desired), and crumbled feta cheese.
Wrap and Serve:
- Fold the pita bread over the fillings like a taco or wrap, securing the bottom with a piece of parchment paper or foil.
- Serve your homemade Pork Gyros immediately while warm and enjoy the delicious flavors of Greece!
This Easy Pork Gyros recipe is perfect for a quick and flavourful meal that captures the essence of Greek cuisine. Makes approximately 4-6 Gyros depending on assembly.