Shop in-store or online ALL weekend and save 15%! What a great opportunity to stock up for Christmas!
The Browns Bay shop will be open from 9am-5pm on Saturday 24/11/2018 and from 9am-3pm on Sunday 25/11/2018.
$1 from each sale will go to the Lion’s Club Remuera to support their annual ‘Magic Show’ for special needs and underprivileged children and their families.
All customers (in-store & online) will also go in the draw to win their choice of either a gift basket worth $150 OR 2x tickets to a cooking lesson Emily’s Greek Kitchen.
You will also have the opportunity to TASTE OUR WINES all weekend.
We will have hot spanakopita and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase.
SHOP ONLINE with discount code: SAVE15
Save these dates! This shopping event is NOT to be missed!
Greece makes wines?
YES! Greeks have been growing vines and producing wine for centuries! And there a lot more varieties available than just the typical, yet well-known Retsina…
See this article from the Greek Reporter for a brief description varieties native to Greece and the areas which they come from.
Some popular varieties which we stock are:
- Assyrtiko – a white wine native to Santorini, probably the best an most popular variety Greece has to offer.
- Agiorgitiko – is used to produce reds native to the Nemea region. It can also be used for rose as well (see also Nemea Grand Reserve & Pandora Rose).
- Savatiano – a grape used to make white wine, native to the Attica region (see also Savatiano Mylonas).
- Mavrodaphne – is used to produce a dessert wine and grown mostly in the Peloponnese and Kephalonia (see also Mavrodaphne Reserve).
- Xinomavro – another red variety from the areas of Naoussa and Amyndeo. It can have great ageing potential too!
- Vinsanto – a sun-dried sweet wine that comes from Santorini with a blend of 3 grape varieties.
Are you worried about how wine fits into your diet in terms of macros? Check out this article from ilovewine.com!